About The PTO
The primary purpose of LJES PTO, Inc. is to support the education of the children at La Jolla Elementary School by fostering relationships between the school, parents and teachers.
To accomplish this goal, LJES PTO intends to:
- Support and promote programs that improve the educational opportunities for our students.
- Increase parental involvement in our school to provide a strong social network.
- Be a relevant resource for parents.
- Provide events and activities to build a community with our families, teachers and administrators.
- Supply a successful partnership between parents, teachers, administrators and the San Diego Unified School District.
- Create an organization where people feel safe, supported, and where respect is evident.
- Work cooperatively with the other parent groups at LJES.
The PTO relies upon your support. Please become a member.
Join The PTO
|VP Programs After School Wednesday||Kat Peppers||Send Email|
The PTO Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month. The meetings are open and everyone is welcome to join. For more information, please contact Mira Costello, President of the LJES PTO, Inc..
The PTO relies upon your involvement. In addition to sponsored events, our volunteers coordinate the following: Box Tops, Campus Gardening, Health & Safety, Hospitality, Kindergarten Orientation and Playgroups, School Office Assistance, Logo Wear, Recycling, Room Parents, Run Club, School Supply Kits, Student Council, Teacher Appreciation Week, Traffic Safety, Volunteer Clearance, the Welcoming Committee and the Yearbook.
Please volunteer your time. The San Diego Unified School district mandates that all volunteers get background checks (free of charge). Please complete this form and return it to the school office. In addition, every volunteer needs a TB test every four years. These volunteer requirements include everyone, even if your time only allows for chaperoning on one field trip. For more information, please visit visit www.sandi.net/ljes